To become a member, click here.
As an advocacy organization membership is what keeps LDA thriving and keeps our voices and those of the children, adults and families whom we serve being heard. Specifically the support we receive through membership in LDA enables us to:
- Unite individuals, families and professionals who have a shared commitment to individuals with learning disabilities.
- Raise awareness around learning disabilities among policymakers and the public at large.
- Represent the needs and interests of children and adults with learning disabilities to state-level regulatory and policy-making entities such as the Governor, New York State Legislature, Board of Regents and State Agencies.
- Advocate to preserve, enhance and expand access to services for children and adults with learning disabilities throughout the state of New York.
- Advocate for statewide, systemic policies and regulations that protect the rights of children and adults with learning disabilities and their families.
- Create and distribute policy and position statements and public testimony on various aspects of policies that impact the lives of children and adults with learning disabilities.
- Establish relationships with parents and professional organizations in collaborating on public policy on a statewide level.
- Members also receive monthly electronic state newsletter, quarterly national newsletter, discounts on conferences where available, optional subscription to LDA's Professional Journal.
To get your membership application, click here.